Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mix #45.5: "10 Songs To Describe Your Life"

I remember many years ago when Live Journal was popular; it was my first experience with blogging. There was one of the quiz type things that stuck in my mind. It was basically 10 songs to describe your life by using one band. The songs all had to coincide with the selected question. I thought I would make a mini mix for Tuesday following that protocol. I did cheat a little; I picked Ben Gibbard and Matt Pryor because they are both associated with a few different groups. Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie, The Postal Service, w/ Jay Ferrar, solo) and Pryor (The Get Up Kids, The New Amsterdams, solo.) It was fun and I recommend you leave your choice in the comment section. If I think one is excellent, I will make your mix and post it on Thursday.




Mix #45.5: "10 Songs To Describe Your Life," Side A


Mix #45.5: "10 Songs To Describe Your Life," Side B


Side A: Ben Gibbard


1. Are you male or female?: Clark Gable
2. Describe yourself: Jealousy Rides With Me
3. How do some people feel about you?: Pity and Fear
4. How do you feel about yourself?: We Looked Like Giants
5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend/interest: You Can Do Better Than Me
6. Where would you rather be?: California Zephyr
7. Describe what you want to be: President Of What?
8. Describe how you live: One Fast Move, Or I'm Gone
9. Describe how you love: All Is Full Of Love
10. Share a few words of wisdom: Different Names For The Same Things


Side B: Matt Pryor


1. Are you male or female?: Son Of A Prophet
2. Describe yourself: I'm A Loner Dottie, A Rebel...
3. How do some people feel about you?: Rally 'Round The Fool
4. How do you feel about yourself?: Hanging On For Hope
5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend/interest: We'll Be Fine
6. Where would you rather be?: Drunk Or Dead
7. Describe what you want to be: Holy Roman
8. Describe how you live: Walking On A Wire
9. Describe how you love: Like A Man Possesed
10. Share a few words of wisdom: Hover Near Fame


No comments: