Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mix #83: "Motivate, Motivate, Motivate"

- I stumbled upon this guy Dylan Mondegreen. His most recent album is fantastic. The melodies are light and the words fit so well together. As soon as I finished listening to, I went right back and listened to it again.
- Recently, I saw a CMT live concert of Jimmy Buffett and The Zac Brown Band. I love Buffett but was always a little on the fence about Zac Brown...until he played his song, 'Free.' I don't always trust my head with music, but I always trust the goosebumps that music can give me. I'm hooked on him now.
- New Jay-Z and Kanye West? Meh. The song included in this mix is the only one I really cared for.
- Going to see the Easy Star All*Stars down the Vineyard in about a week. If you haven't heard them before and you like reggae, do yourself a favor and check them out.

Mix #83: "Motivate, Motivate, Motivate," Side A

Mix #83: "Motivate, Motivate, Motivate," Side B


“MOTIVATE, MOTIVATE, MOTIVATE”

A   FRIENDSHIP FOREVER                                         B   BUDDY BANDS
1) ‘Now Mary’
The White Stripes

1) ‘Beast Mode’
Akrobatik & Mr. Lif
2) ‘We Cannot Falter’
Dylan Mondegreen

2) ‘Hard Time Killing Floor Blues’
Chris Thomas King
3) ‘No Church In The Wild’
Jay-Z & Kanye West

3) ‘Off To See The Lizard’
Jimmy Buffett
4) ‘Free’
The Zac Brown Band

4) ‘Donny and Jonny’
Pearl and The Beard
5) ‘7 Weeks’
Gym Class Heroes

5) ‘The B-List’
The Starting Line
6) ‘Policy Of Truth’
Depeche Mode

6) ‘Spoiled’
Conor Oberst &
The Mystic Valley Band
7) ‘Cold Rain’
Talib Kweli

7) ‘Seizure Boy’
Watsky
8) ‘Hold Me Down’
Minus The Bear

8) ‘Lion and The Lamb’
The Get Up Kids
9) ‘Fixin A Hole
(The Beatles)’
Easy Star All*Stars & Max Romeo

9) ‘Ghost Woman Blues’
The Low Anthem
10) ‘Nemo’
Umphrey’s McGee

10) ‘I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow’
The Soggy Bottom Boys
11) ‘Dope Transmission’
The Sound Providers

11) ‘Now Or Never’
The Roots, Phonte, & Dice Raw


12) ‘Son’s Gonna Rise’
Citizen Cope

No comments: