Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mix #5: "I'd Rather Be Thin Than Famous"

This mix, like life has it's ups and downs. The first time I heard 'Sister Evangeline' by Strand Of Oaks, I felt funny. But further listening, you hear the true honesty in Tim Showalter's delivery.


Mix #5: "I'd Rather Be Thin Than Famous," Side A

Mix #5: "I'd Rather Be Thin Than Famous," Side B

A little local flavor for you mixed in:
The Press (Project) = Hip-hop from New Hampshire; one of the MC's (B.Cap) is from my hometown.
Mark O'Sullivan = Folk-ish rock from Hawaii; he's a good friend from home in MA.*
*He's actually going to be sending me a box of [EP's] so if anyone is interested in one, let me know and I'll find a way to get it to you.
The Pernikoff Brothers and Dan Germain = Rock band from St. Louis; the drummer (Dan) is one of my best friends from home.


MIX TAPE REVOLUTION
MIX TAPE #5
I’D RATHER BE THIN THAN FAMOUS”
A  THIN                                                       B  FAMOUS
1) ‘Everything Went Numb’
Streetlight Manifesto

1) ‘The Beach’
The Pernikoff Brothers & Dan Germain
2) ‘Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots’
Saves The Day

2) ‘Talk Tonight’
Oasis
3) ‘Walk This Life With Me’
Mark O’Sullivan

3) ‘Aside’
The Weakerthans
4) ‘Disconnected’
Face To Face

4) ‘Hello Dearest Love’
The Appleseed Cast
5) ‘Sister Evangeline’
Strand Of Oaks

5) ‘Where Did I Go Wrong’
Martin Sexton
6) ‘The Instrumental’
Lupe Fiasco &
Jonah Matranga

6) ‘Dreamer’
Atmosphere
7) ‘Shoot Frank’
Cage & Daryl Palumbo

7) ‘Call It Even’
Vertical Horizon
8) ‘Smoke’
Alkaline Trio

8) ‘Cannonball’
Damien Rice
9) ‘Mary’
Soulive & Toussaint

9) ‘Way With Words’
The Starting Line
10) ‘Where We Come From (Live)’
The Press.

10) ‘Doctor My Eyes (Jackson Browne)’
The New Amsterdams
11) ‘Another Girl, Another Planet (The Only Ones)’
Blink-182


No comments: