Friday, February 11, 2011

Mix #6: ("Can't Hear You) Got My Headphones On"

A great mix for the headphones. My buddy Mikey D put this one together and it's excellent. 

Mix #6: "Can't Hear You, Got My Headphones On," Side A

Mix #6: "Can't Hear You, Got My Headphones On," Side B



MIX TAPE REVOLUTION
MIX TAPE #6
CAN’T HEAR YOU,
GOT MY HEADPHONES ON ”
A  PAN LEFT                                               B  PAN RIGHT
1) ‘Little By Little’
Groove Armada

1) ‘Front Porch Lounger’
G. Love
2) ‘No Quarter’
Led Zeppelin

2) ‘Running On Empty’
Jackson Browne
3) ‘Paranoid Android’
Radiohead

3) ‘Sleeping In’
The Postal Service
4) ‘Down In A Hole’
Alice In Chains

4) ‘Destination’
Gruvis Malt
5) ‘Passenger’
Deftones

5) ‘Mellow My Man’
The Roots
6) ‘The Stone’
The Dave Matthews Band

6) ‘Samba Pa Ti’
Santana


7) ‘Something’
The Beatles


7) ‘The Gunner’s Dream’
Pink Floyd


  
(written on 4/17/2010)
Mikey has brought me close to peeing my pants many times; whether it be his story about how much he loves baked beans or "OH YEAHHHH," screams, he is hands down in the top 5 funniest people I know. He was also a great baseball player; pitcher to be exact. My last year of little league I gave myself one goal: to not strike out once. I didn't care if I grounded/flew out or walked, I just didn't want to strike out. I struck out once all season. The pitcher was Mikey; that fucking dick struck me out with a change up. Walking back to the bench pissed, I looked briefly at the mound to find Mikey grinning from ear to ear; almost like a "I got you good, you fucker." I couldn't help but laugh to myself. Mikey just as the essence about him that makes you proud to be in the same room with him; That every time he makes you laugh, that joke was intended for you and only you. Whether it was getting stoned in his mom's Grand Marquis, eating all the best Entenman's donuts, and drinking orange soda; or smoking cloves at a concert and hitting on a woman in her late 30's (by yelling 'PINKY' because of her slutty top), Mikey brings a genuine good time.

I always told myself if I was ever in a position to own/run a record label, the first person I would hire is Mikey. The man might not know how to play a note of music, but goddammit he knows good music when he hears it. He's got me into so many bands/artists that it's scary. Even if said band/artist doesn't make it huge, after hearing it, I know exactly why Mikey likes it and why he told me about it; because he knows that I'll like it too. Genre's don't matter to Mikey, which is something I've always respected about him. He's the kind of guy who could listen to "The Format," which may be the pop-iest/depressing lyrical band in the past 10 years and then go on to listen to "311," or "Sublime," or fucking BEETHOVEN! He likes "Coheed and Cambria," but doesn't like "Story Of The Year." These are two bands that could easily be considered similar or genre savvy, but Mikey doesn't hear it. He doesn't like "The Beatles," but respects them. He likes what he likes and isn't afraid to tell you why. And just because he doesn't like something, doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate the attempt. Now if only I could convince him to do stand-up comedy and make millions. Then we could start a record label and take over the world. But I'll still take his free jokes any day of the week.

No comments: