Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Mix (Tape) A Week

I've decided to start posting music content for people to listen to. It will be referred to as, yup, you guessed it: "A Mix Tape A Week."
All the mixes will be for promotional use only. I want people to have the opportunity to check out new music without having to buy it. Then, if it is something people like, then they should support the artist...buy an album, go to a show, buy a t-shirt, etc;

These mixes will have no plan to them. As one song is being laid down (on average 3-4 minutes) I will search for another one to play immediately after; the quality may not be great, but it's free new music. Also, if you remember correctly, mix tapes were never really high quality pieces of music; they were more of a concept- taking 90 minutes and expressing to someone what you were feeling with music at that moment in time.

I am doing this very simply and very DIY. No remixes, no overdubs, no double takes. They are one shot mixes, which I think makes a mix more special. 

I want people to enjoy it and share their own ideas about the mixes/artists/songs.
SO...
Please feel free to drop me a line with ideas and opinions. And stay tuned, the first mix should be ready to go within a day or two.

Stay warm and safe.

No comments: