Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mix #13: "Would You Be An Outlaw For My Love"

I don't put enough hip hop on these mixes and for that, I'm sorry. That won't happen anymore, though I feel I need to tip toe a few in over time.
- Pearl Jam's 'Faithful' is one of my favorite songs of all time-Vedder does a great job of playing with words.
- The Civil Wars is a new group you've probably never heard of but definitely worth a listen. Great 2 part, male/female harmonies.
- Chief is also great; almost like a good version of Kings Of Leon.
- Junction 18 is a local group (Abington, MA) that were perfect for the summer of 2001 when their debut album 'The Vicious Cycle' came out. Some of the group members family owns Spencer's Pizza in Abington located on...you guessed it....Rt. 18.
- Can anyone guess how/why I got the title for this mix? Leave it in the comments.     

Mix #13: "Would You Be An Outlaw For My Love," Side A

Mix #13: "Would You Be An Outlaw For My Love," Side B


MIX TAPE REVOLUTION
MIX TAPE #13
WOULD YOU BE AN OUTLAW FOR MY LOVE”
A     OUTLAW                                             B      LOVE
1) ‘My Last Request’
MF Grimm

1) ‘Walk’
Blind Melon
2) ‘Hunters’
Parades

2) ‘Burn Hollywood Burn’
Chuck D, Zack De La Rocha, and Black Though
3) ‘The Minute I Saw It’
Chief

3) ‘This Tornado Loves You’
Neko Case
4) ‘Turn To Stone’
Joe Walsh

4) ‘Memory Loss’
Del The Funky Homosapien & Sean Lennon
5) ‘Pretty Penny’
Stone Temple Pilots

5) ‘Highwayman’
The Highwaymen
6) ‘Sweet Steps’
Junction 18

6) ‘I’ll Find My Way (Live)’
The Derek Trucks
7) ‘Lightheaded Anthem’
Lightheaded

7) ‘A Girl Like You’
The Smithereens
8) ‘From The Woods’
James Vincent McMorrow

8) ‘Little Secrets’
Passion Pit
9) ‘Faithful’
Pearl Jam

9) ‘Permanent’
Acceptance
10) ‘Heartsong’
Zwan

10) ‘Poison & Wine’
The Civil Wars
11) ‘Walking In My Shoes’
Depeche Mode

11) ‘The Only One’
The Mile After
12) ‘Jay Frenzal’
Less Than Jake

12) ‘Living Is Simple’
Switchfoot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Star?

MTM said...

Well done Anonymous. The song "Thirteen" is excellent. ?