Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mix #21: "Gin Joints and Chain Smoking"

- I never cared for Hootie and The Blow Fish that much and I have a love/hate with country, but this Darius Rucker song is very good.
- Giant Panda = horrible name but awesome hip-hop.
- Going to see Jimmy Buffett on June 18 with some of my favorite people ever. One of my favorite songs by Captain Parrothead.
- I went to a wedding in the fall where they played The Strangler's song, 'Golden Brown.' I knew the song and they band, but my mind went blank when it was playing. I asked the guy next to me who it was and he told told me, followed by, 'Nothing like a song about smack at a wedding, huh?' That will now forever be imprinted in my mind. Great song though.

Mix #21: "Gin Joints and Chain Smoking," Side A

Mix #21: "Gin Joints and Chain Smoking," Side B




MIX TAPE REVOLUTION
MIX TAPE #21
GIN JOINTS AND CHAIN SMOKING”
A   RICK’S CAFE                                     B  BLUE PARROT
1) ‘Start The Car’
Jude Cole

1) ‘Speakers Pop’
Giant Panda
2) ‘Lump’
The Presidents of The United States of America

2) ‘What You Wanna Hear’
Rufio
3) ‘The Come Back Song’
Darius Rucker

3) ‘You’ve Got Spiders’
I Am The Avalanche
4) ‘Beds Are Burning’
Midnight Oil

4) ‘Little Lies’
Fleetwood Mac
5) ‘Breathing’
Yellowcard

5) ‘To Give All Your Love Away’
Richie Havens
6) ‘Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off)’
Wu-Tang Clan

6) ‘I’ll Begin Again’
Dropkick Murphys
7) ‘Act Appalled’
Circa Survive

7) ‘Pimpin Ain’t Easy’
Big Daddy Kane
8) ‘Golden Brown’
The Stranglers

8) ‘Cry Baby’
Cee Lo Green
9) ‘Treehouse’
Nada Surf

9) ‘Ups and Downs’
Saves The Day
10) ‘Follow The Format’
Taking Back Sunday

10) ‘Zip-Lock’
Lit
11) ‘Saxophones’
Jimmy Buffett

11) ‘He Lays In The Reins’
Iron & Wine with Calexico
12) ‘Food Chain’
Eric Hutchinson

12) ‘Judas’
Safety In Numbers
13) ‘Playboy Mansion’
Josh Freese

13) ‘Wrap Me Up’
Terrible Things


14) ‘What Happened To You’
The Offspring

New mix Thursday (or Friday the latest).

No comments: