Friday, March 18, 2011

Two For Friday: Mix #22: "Burger Manifesto" and Mix #23: "Meet Me In Mantauk"

- 2 songs to commemorate the life of Nate Dogg.
- The Spindle song is one of my favorites. Funny story: Went to Skate and Surf Fest in Jersey with Mark and Ed. Spindle was playing the theater stage at the same time Taking Back Sunday was playing the main stage. I had seen Taking Back Sunday quite a few times, so I watch the first few songs and left (by myself) to see Spindle's set. That was the last time all the original members of TBS played together; since then they've reunited, but at the time, I was pissed. Ah well....Spindle's set was still good.
- The Recess Theory song reminds me of Mark...and Nintendo 64. It was off a split with Further Seems Forever when Chris still sang for them.
- The Oasis song, 'I Hope, I Think, I Know,' it one of my favorite songs of all time. 'Be Here Now (The Cocaine Album)' got a lot of flack for not being that great, but I have fond memories of it. 'Don't Go Away,' was the pushing point for many a make-out/heavy petting sessions. 
- No More Kings = hilarious rock n' roll. Just watch this video.



Mix #22: "Burger Manifesto," Side A

Mix #22: "Burger Manifesto," Side B



MIX TAPE REVOLUTION
MIX TAPE #22
BURGER MANIFESTO”
A  DREAM GIRLS                                       B   MIDNIGHT WHORE
1) ‘Regulate’
Warren G and Nate Dogg

1) ‘The Next Episode’
Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg
2) ‘Stand Too Close’
Motion City Soundtrack

2) ‘Car’
Built To Spill
3) ‘The Audit’
Harper Simon

3) ‘In Limbo’
Radiohead
4) ‘Can’t Find My Way Home’
Blind Faith

4) ‘Tonight, This Three Hour Drive’
The Recess Theory
5) ‘Pigeon’
Maps & Atlases

5) ‘Sun Still Rise’
Break Mechanics
6) ‘I Had A Good Time’
Boston

6) ‘Catch A Bad One’
Del The Funky Homosapien
7) ‘You Wish’
Nightmares On Wax

7) ‘Free’
Mike Errico
8) ‘So Long, Astoria’
The Ataris

8) ‘Simple Pages’
Weezer
9) ‘Wild International’
One Day As A Lion

9) ‘Looks Just Like The Sun’
Broken Social Scene
10) ‘Never Know’
Jack Johnson

10) ‘Pretty People’
Ponderosa
11) ‘Wish The World Good-Bye’
Spindle

11) ‘Way Go, Lily’
Sam Amidon
12) ‘I Hope, I Think, I Know’
Oasis

12) ‘Nothing To Prove’
H2O


13) ‘Sweep The Leg’
No More Kings

- Ette is a folkish/rock group from my hometown. They are great guys I was lucky enough to play shows with them in my old band.
- The year or so I worked at Strawberries was miserable. Crappy pop music with a crappy clientele. My manager was really into metal and industrial music; his favorite group of all time was Ministry if that helps paint a better picture. I never really got into it, minus In Flames and Celldweller. This song is awesome; very cool production value. This song was also featured in a great audio sci-fi book called 7th Son.
- Crowned Heron is friend from Pennsylvania's group. The boy can sing and play guitar; no doubt  about it. Definitely worth checking out.

Mix #23: "Meet Me In Mantauk," Side A

Mix #23: "Meet Me In Mantauk," Side B


MIX TAPE REVOLUTION
MIX TAPE #23
MEET ME IN MONTAUK”
A    MCROMANCE                                  B    BARTLETTE’S
1) ‘Sixteen’
Funeral For A Friend

1) ‘Switchback’
Celldweller
2) ‘The Sad Waltzes Of Pietro Crespi’
Owen

2) ‘Folsom Prison Dub’
Stick Figure
3) ‘You Better Watch Yourself’
Joe Bonamassa

3) ‘Kindness For Weakness’
Dilated Peoples & Talib Kweli
4) ‘Currents’
Mark O’Sullivan

4) ‘Disaster’
Homegrown
5) ‘Dots and Dashes’
Doomtree

5) ‘Last Train Home’ Lostprophets
6) ‘Story Of A Lonely Guy’
Blink-182

6) ‘Rest Of My Life’
Unwritten Law
7) ‘When You’re Mad’
Ne-Yo

7) ‘Valerie’
Steve Winwood
8) ‘Misery’
Soul Asylum

8) ‘Jamaica Next’
The Movielife
9) ‘Love Gun’
Kiss

9) ‘Keep Movin’
Ette
10) ‘P.S.’
Toad The Wet Sprocket

10) ‘Wait For Me’
Crowned Heron
11) ‘Red Handed’
Soloplexus

11) ‘The Master Has Come’
Damian ‘Jr. Gong’ Marley
12) ‘Walk In The Park’
Beach House

12) ‘Intro’
A New Found Glory
13) ‘Untitled’
Rx Bandits




 New mix Monday morning. Have a good weekend.

No comments: