Monday, March 28, 2011

Mix #27: "New England Clam Chowder"

- Valencia takes the old essence of pop punk and puts a little edgier spin on it. Catchy as hell.
- Matt Pryor released 'Dear Lover' on his first solo album, 'Confidence Man,' but it was originally intended for a New Amsterdams' song. Although I enjoy the acoustic guitar/vocal version, I prefer the full band version.
- A lot of people stopped caring about Guster once they went a little more rock n' roll. I enjoyed it very much. As much as I love the old school band (two acoustic guitars and hand drums) I think they keep the true vibe of their music going. 'Come Downstairs and Say Hello,' is one of my favorite songs of theirs.   

Mix #27: "New England Clam Chowder," Side A

Mix #27: "New England Clam Chowder," Side B


MIX TAPE REVOLUTION
MIX TAPE #27
 
NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER”
A   THE RED                                              B   THE WHITE
1) ‘Dear Lover’
The New Amsterdams

1) ‘One Eyed Trouser Snake Rhumba’
Humble Pie
2) ‘Out From Under’
Incubus

2) ‘The Closest That I Am To Living Life On The Edge’
Valencia
3) ‘The Other One’
The Wooden Birds

3) ‘Three’s A Charm’
The Starting Line
4) ‘My Iron Lung’
Radiohead

4) ‘My Way Home’
Citizen Cope
5) ‘Dive’
Nirvana

5) ‘Thought Vs. Action’ Deep Puddle Dynamics
6) ‘I Don’t Care’
The Roots

6) ‘Our Swords’
Band Of Horses
7) ‘Symmetry’
Chuck Ragan

7) ‘Home Life’
John Mayer
8) ‘World Shut Your Mouth (Julian Cope)’
Death Cab For Cutie

8) ‘My Wild Love’
The Doors
9) ‘One More Cup Of Coffee’
The White Stripes

9) ‘Find Comfort In Yourself’
Midtown
10) ‘Sparklegirl’
Letters To Cleo

10) ‘Come Downstairs and Say Hello’
Guster
11) ‘Play Your Part’
Restoring Poetry In Music

11) ‘It Ain’t Hard To Tell’
Nas
12) ‘33’
Coheed & Cambria

12) ‘Just Watch The Fireworks’
Jimmy Eat World

No comments: